Photo above was taken during Reevestock, at Elkin's Hidden Amphitheater, by photographer Daniel Coston.
THE REEVES THEATER : Live music every Friday and Saturday night; Open Mic night every Tuesday at 7pm. 300-seat venue with cafe/beer/wine.
SOUTHERN ON MAIN: Downtown upscale restaurant that offers live music, late-night karaoke, and other events throughout the year.
FIDDLES PUB: Live music every Friday and Saturday 7pm till ? . Small setting/ bar offers beer/wine.
ELKIN FARMERS MARKET :
Spring to Fall, experience Food Truck Fridays and Music at the Market events sponsored by Explore Elkin. They are held the 2nd and 4th Fridays of every month, May thru October. Visit Explore Elkin's Website for more info.
Saturday mornings, live music fills the air from 9am to noon during the community farmers market, held from April to November. Check here for their music line-up.
LIVE MUSIC VENUES OUTSIDE OF DOWNTOWN
SKULL CAMP BREWING AND SMOKEHOUSE: In North Elkin, you'll find live music on weekends and a great outdoor venue at the restaurant. Music is booked on different days, so check with their facebook page for events dates.
EVENTS IN DOWNTOWN / AUGUST
RICHARD GWYN MUSEUM OPEN FOR VISITORS If you have a visitor downtown interested in seeing the charming Richard Gwyn Museum on Church St, Dan Butner at the Foothills Arts Council can open the museum for viewing during FAC hours. Call Dan at the FAC at 336.835.2025; Thursday - Saturday, 12 - 6pm.
BACK TO SCHOOL BASH: AUGUST 18, 9am to 12 noon downtown at the Heritage/Visitor Center on Standard Street with outdoor games and sports, arts and crafts, music, Kid’s Touch a Truck, and fun for the family! Luddie’s Kitchen will serve breakfast and lunch, and Bradys Coffee Company will be there throughout the morning. This is sponsored by the Town of Elkin.
REEVESTOCK MUSIC FESTIVAL (2-day event, with Friday night events in downtown Elkin)
FRIDAY AUG 3rd in downtown:
· Aug 3rd (SOLD OUT) - Todd Snider at The Reeves Theater & Cafe (Downtown Elkin)
· AUG 3rd Block Party in front of the Theater starting at 5pm w/ Josh Daniel! (The New Familiars/ The Josh Daniel/Mark Schimick Project)
Doors 6:30pm - Show Begins 8pm.
Rorey Carroll Opens the show!
· AUG 3rd Explore Elkin presents "The Late Night HOOT" in The Angry Troll Brewing's Troll Den featuring BraveWorldTrio
- AUG 4th - Reevestock Music Festival held at Elkin's Hidden Amphitheater, all day event
SAT AUG 25 - 2nd Annual Explore Elkin Family Flotilla - 7 Mile River Float from Ronda to Crater Park
Park & Check in 7:30 -8:30 AM in Crater Park
Complimentary Shuttle to Ronda Boat Launch, Register at ExploreElkin.com.
Every 2nd Friday of each month: August 10th EXPLORE ELKIN Food Truck Friday 11:00am – 8:00pm. Food all day. Live music/beer/wine starts at 5:30pm. BAND: New River Drifters
Every 4th Friday of each month: August 24th Join Explore Elkin for live music, local wines & craft beer at The Elkin Farmers Market the 4th Friday of every month.Pick up some fresh produce from Farmer's Market vendors, sip on craft beer and local wine while listening to some great tunes! BAND: Muddy Creek Players.
FOOTHILLS ARTS COUNCIL EVENTS
Friday, August 3, 6-8 pm Emiko Goodman Retrospective Exhibit -On display through Saturday, August, 25th. Emiko was born in southern Japan in a beautiful, rural area surrounded by scenic mountains. Her love of drawing and art began at an early age, and she continues to paints today at the young age of 92. During the Korean War, Emiko met and married stationed soldier Ralph Goodman. They moved to Elkin in the 1950's. Here, she continued to paint and taught art at EHS for 17 years.
YADKIN VALLEY QUILTS classes (see their FB page for more info):
· Open Sew Night – AUG 14 & 28, 6pm to 9pm – sewing, knitting, crocheting, whatever your interest, come and hang out with us and work on your projects.
· AUG 9 & 23, UFO night 6-9 p.m. the 2nd & 4th Thursdays of the month, except November. Bring your unfinished sewing projects.
· Seasonal Table Runners class – AUG 25 at 1pm
· AUG 9 & 11 – Beginning Paper Piercing with Carl Stevens
HISTORIC DOWNTOWN MERCHANT’S GROUP SPONSORED EVENT:
· Cruise Downtown Elkin is held every 4th Saturday of the month from 4pm to 9pm on MAIN STREET. Contact Vicki Roberts for event information at email@example.com. JULY 28th and AUG 25th.
DIANA’S BOOKS & MORE- GHOST TOURS
Historic Downtown Elkin Ghost Tours are offered after each Cruise-In thru October. Contact the folks at Diana’s to book your tour today! (336) 835-3142.
AUG 25th: Lilibug’s Pop Up Shop opens at noon
Paint Night at Diana’s begins at 6pm
Downtown Ghost Tours start at 8pm
NOVEMBER ROOM events Prices vary; you must RSVP so we have enough supplies! :
· AUG 2 - Chalk Couture Class 5pm
· AUG 7 - Monochromatic Trees paint class 6pm
· AUG 14 – Couple in the Rain paint class 6pm
· AUG 21 – Finger Painting for Adults! 6pm
· AUG 28 – Painting Dandelions 6pm
REEVES THEATER August shows:
EVERY TUESDAY IS OPEN MIC NIGHT FOR ANY BAND TO PLAY ON STAGE! Starts at 6:30 pm. 15 minute increments.
AUG 3 REEVESTOCK at the REEVES (SOLD OUT)
AUG 4 Martha Bassett Show: The Blue Eyed Bettys Sat 8 PM
AUG 10 George Smith Band Fri 8 PM
AUG 11 Chris Rodrigues and Abby the Spoon Lady (Ashville street performer) Sat 8 PM ·
AUG 17 Wayne Henderson with Shadowgrass Fri 8 PM
AUG 18 C2 & the Brothers Reed Sat 8 PM
AUG 24 MOVIE NIGHT! Reels at the Reeves: Goonies 5:30pm and 8:00pm
AUG 25 Brett Pardue w/ Tonya Smith and Allison Gross Fri 8 PM
AUG 31 The Reeves House Band Plays Woodstock 1969 Sat 8 PM
FIDDLES PUB LIVE MUSIC EVENTS, starts at 7pm
Music is usually 7 pm to 10pm
AUG 3 – Cody Ward
AUG 10 Chad Barnard
AUG 11 – Angela Smith
AUG 17 – Joe’s Cousin
AUG 18 – Libby Haynes
AUG 24– John Elliott
AUG 25 - Larry Wishon
ANGRY TROLL Brewing events:
Explore Elkin presents "The Late Night HOOT" in The Angry Troll Brewing's Troll Den featuring BraveWorldTrio 10:30pm-12am (part of the Reevestock Music Festival weekend events).
Sundays starting at 2pm, Taproom Trivia in the basement Troll Den on Sundays (NOW OPEN SUNDAY!);
Every 2nd Friday of each month, Poses and Pints happens at the Angry Troll, in the basement or outdoor patio. Everyone is welcome, Friday, August 10 at 6pm, and includes a beer after all your hard work!
SOUTHERN ON MAIN RESTAURANT
Offers various events throughout each week
Intro to essential oils classes. All classes begin at 6:30pm:
Aug 2 – Thursday
Aug 6 – Monday
Aug 14 – Tuesday
Aug 27 – Monday
Continuing Education. All classes begin at 6:30pm:
Aug 9th Natural Skin & Hair
Aug 16th Healthy Kids/Back2School Make & Take
Aug 30th Gardening with Essential Oils
VESTAL AUCTION HOUSE
DOG-FRIENDLY outdoor dining/hangout locations in downtown with outdoor seating patios or where dogs are permitted inside (if you want to be on the list, let me know! – Laura):
1. Angry Troll Brewing (basement level of building has outdoor seating)
2. Barking Coyote Farm Store (outdoor seating)
3. Dirty Joes Coffee (outdoor seating)
4. Fiddles Pub (back patio with umbrellas over tables)
5. Royall’s Soda Shoppe (sidewalk seating)
6. Reeves Café (outdoor sidewalk café includes beer/wine service)
7. Southern on Main’s Restaurant & Bar (patio with covered awnings and outdoor fans)
8. Harry’s Place Restaurant & Bar (seating in front of restaurant along Front St)
9. Dave’s Antiques
10. Diana’s Books & More
11. Elkin Antiques and Collectibles Mall
12. Gypsy Princess
13. The November Room